• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be charged with credit card fraud by my law firm?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beabeliever

What is the name of your state? Arizona
The fee agreement I have with my law firm has a clause in it stating that any payments later than 5 days will be billed to any credit card previously used to pay on my account and I initialled it. If credit card owner disputes these charges can the law firm charge me with credit card fraud, stop working on my case and have me arrested?

K'Ta

What is the name of your state? Arizona
The fee agreement I have with my law firm has a clause in it stating that any payments later than 5 days will be billed to any credit card previously used to pay on my account and I initialled it. If credit card owner disputes these charges can the law firm charge me with credit card fraud, stop working on my case and have me arrested?
Wait. What?

You want to attempt a chargeback if your atty uses the credit card on file to pay his/her fees?

You want to know, should you do this, if the firm will press charges?

How would we know? Call the firm and ask.

Will they stop working on your case?

Uh, yeah. Most people stop working when they stop getting paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">