• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured after giving notice (but not written)ASAP!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kyuss

Please help me! On the 21st of december I hurt my knee at work. I am suffering from a blown ACL, and a ripped miniscus. The injury happened while I was at work performing my duties as a plumber. (I was using a shovel digging a ditch to replace a sewer line for a business.) My boss has been very good about it and so has Workmans comp. My problem is that I TOLD MY BOSS THAT I WAS GOING TO QUIT ON JAN 12 TO GO TO SCHOOL FULL TIME. I've already registered for a full semesters worth of credits and paid and everything. Now I'm told that I will need 2 sugeries, possibly 3, so I'm worried about the timing of all of this.
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:
1) My boss wants to know if I'm still quitting. If I do, will workmans comp still pay for my surgeries and therapy?
2) I can't hardly walk, which makes me think I should drop this semester before it begins, so I can get my full reimbursment,but I'm not very happy with that. If I can get around on campus with a wheelchair,is it fraud if I go to college while on workmans comp?
3)Should I ask workmans comp any questions regarding this problem with an oral notice that I gave my employer over a month ago? Or, is this just giving them ammuniton against me, like my father says.
PLEASE HELP ME ASAP, AS I NEED TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS VERY QUICKLY.LIKE I SAID, I TOLD MY BOSS THAT MY LAST DAY WOULD BE ON JAN 12TH.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">