• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why was my thread closed??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

damama

What is the name of your state? Ca

I am confused.

Everyone is telling me to check into rehab. I have used ritalin to get out of bed, function.
I have treatment resistant depression. I have been prescribed, ritalin, ritalin XR, Adderal and Concerta in the past. I don't do well with long acting meds, I get very anxious in the afternoons. I was taking 10 ml in the AM, no more. I have had every therapy for depression, even electoshock therapy 12 times each session 3 times.

I am reading how a small amount of cociane for personal use is fine but trying to function isn't. My MD said she just thought provigil would work better, it didn't.

I am scheduled to have vagal nerve stimulation placement next month. I hope it helps.

So, what am I going into an inpatient treatment center for? I only tried to get the ritalin to get out of bed without panic attacks, function and avoid being hospitalized for depression again.

CdwJava

Yes ... but, it is still illegal to obtain without a lawful prescription.

Many people THINK they need a specific medication when they really need something else. This is a decision best left up to your doctor ... in consultation with you, of course.

As for why your thread was closed, I suspect you accidentally closed it. Only the moderator and you can lock a thread - and the moderator would only do it if it got too far off-topic or because too derogatory.

- Carl

damama

I know what I did was illegal. I don't know how drug rehab would help though.
I call my MD today and flat out told her I wasn't doing well on the Provigil. She mentioned Concerta,. it is also long acting. I told I did best with a short acting stimulant on top of my other meds so now I have a RX for ritalin.

I didn't close the thread, I am still confused about that.

tranquility

In the previous now closed thread, xylene wrote, "By must I assume you mean you hive have it much easier and your case will not be hurt." to my comment that you must answer all booking questions.

Not exactly. By "must" I mean you must cooperate with booking, including the answering of questions reasonably related to that process or you are committing a crime in California. Interfering with an officer in the performance of his duties, Obstruction, CPC 148(a)(1) or whatever you want to call it includes delaying the officer.

Case law has a person being driven to jail after being arrested and the officer asking the booking questions to get a head start on the paperwork. The person refused to answer and the officer added the charge. The court found that was not an offense, but said that if the person had refused to answer during the booking process it would have been.

Silverplum

Your thread was closed by the mod because a freaked-out troll decided to use your thread as his/her thrashing location. The mod also deleted the troll's posts.

lealea1005

What is the name of your state? Ca

So, what am I going into an inpatient treatment center for? I only tried to get the ritalin to get out of bed without panic attacks, function and avoid being hospitalized for depression again.

Because anyone who is desparate enough take the risk of doing something illegal like stealing a prescription pad (in front of their child, no less) write their own prescriptions, forge the Doctor's signature, & use an alias to obtain narcotics....then tries to rationalize the reason for doing it has a problem that can best be helped with rehab. I hope you look into getting some help before your court date.

Last edited:

damama

Your thread was closed by the mod because a freaked-out troll decided to use your thread as his/her thrashing location. The mod also deleted the troll's posts.
What does this mean, "thrashing location?"

just curious

Thank you to the mod that stopped the freaked out troll. I have no idea what this all means but I imagine it is for my own good.

fairisfair

just curious

Thank you to the mod that stopped the freaked out troll. I have no idea what this all means but I imagine it is for my own good.
it means that the troll started acting out by making stupid posts throughout the forum in retaliation for what they perceived as being picked on. Your thread was one that got a stupid post put on it, in order to stop the chaos the post was deleted and the thread was closed.

Silverplum

just curious

I was trying to be brief, and just made up "thrashing location." Seemed right. :)
Thanks for explaining, Fair.

damama

Because anyone who is desparate enough take the risk of doing something illegal like stealing a prescription pad (in front of their child, no less) write their own prescriptions, forge the Doctor's signature, & use an alias to obtain narcotics....then tries to rationalize the reason for doing it has a problem that can best be helped with rehab. I hope you look into getting some help before your court date.
I had an appointment with my pyschiatrst today. I told her provigil caused a lot of anxiety in the late afternoons. I have been telling her I do better on a short acting med with ritalin 10mg in the morning. She thought I would have less anxiety with provigil and she was wrong, she said keep sticking it out and I couldn't. Today she changed it and I am functioning better.
I do not get a high from it. I am terrified of going through more electro shock treatments and being hospitalized months at a time far from my family.
So deperate I did what I did and I now know it was a huge mistake.
My kids were weighing themselves in the hall, I did not do this in front of them. I did this because I want to funtion and not be in bed all day or so panicky I can't leave the house.
So quick to judgement. Until you have walked a mile in my shoes, had your brain zapped so many times you can't recall the birth of your child.
Until then helpful advise is welcome, sweeping generalizations and judgements about me are not.
Then I realize those so quick to judge are generally projecting.

lealea1005

My kids were weighing themselves in the hall, I did not do this in front of them. I did this because I want to funtion and not be in bed all day or so panicky I can't leave the house.
So quick to judgement. Until you have walked a mile in my shoes, had your brain zapped so many times you can't recall the birth of your child.
Until then helpful advise is welcome, sweeping generalizations and judgements about me are not.
Then I realize those so quick to judge are generally projecting.[/QUOTE]

Awww come on, can't you do better than that?:rolleyes:

Not making "generalizations", not being "quick to judge", and trying to be helpful in suggesting you seek treatment.

Once again, you are trying to rationalize your behavior. Believe me, your Pediatrician doesn't give a hoot about your litany of whoa, neither will the police or the judge. You knew it was wrong and you make a conscience decision to do something illegal by obtaining narcotics under false pretenses.

Does your Doctor know you "prescribed" for yourself?

Surely, you do not think you will receive leniency because you now have a proper prescription for Ritalin, do you?

Again....It's obvious you have many issues/problems. I truly hope you get the help you need...because you do need it.

Last edited:

damama

Not making "generalizations", not being "quick to judge", and trying to be helpful in suggesting you seek treatment.

Once again, you are trying to rationalize your behavior. Believe me, your Pediatrician doesn't give a hoot about your litany of whoa, neither will the police or the judge. You knew it was wrong and you make a conscience decision to do something illegal by obtaining narcotics under false pretenses.

Surely, you do not think you will receive leniency because you now have a proper prescription for Ritalin, do you?

Again....It's obvious you have many issues/problems. I truly hope you get the help you need...because you do need it.[/QUOTE]

I do not expect leniency, did I ever say that?
But it seems you know me better than I know myself:rolleyes:
All of your advise is because you want to save me from the crazed addiction, mkay
BTW_does this site have an ignore feature?
I'm off to check that out.
If you have any further heartfelt advise you will be wasting your time

damama

Again....It's obvious you have many issues/problems. I truly hope you get the help you need...because you do need it.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! I looked up your public profile, We share the same date of birth AND the same occupation, go figure!
Yes, I know how Drs. offices work, I have not worked in one recently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">