• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello I was wondering? my grandmother had her will changed to where my uncle my cousin my brother and myself have to be together and make a decision on what happens with all her estates and belongings. Ok, My question is if one of the members that have to be there for this to take place has changed there name but on the legal document signed his old name does this mess anything up as far as who he is and what his name is or do we have to sign these papers again. Thanks to everyone that has any help with this complicated question.

fairisfair

okay, so one of the three signed his name as
John D. Doe and has since changed his name to John D. Smith?
Did he change his name legally?

answer

yes he changed his name before the fact legally and when it was time to sign the legal document he signed his old name. fairisFair you are the best thank you so much for are your help this website is inspiring me to become a lawyer hehe:p

Dandy Don

Is your grandmother still alive or is she deceased? If she is alive you should consider consulting with her to advise her that it is better to have only one person in charge, since everyone knows that decisions made by committee are very difficult to achieve total agreement.

response

Is your grandmother still alive or is she deceased? If she is alive you should consider consulting with her to advise her that it is better to have only one person in charge, since everyone knows that decisions made by committee are very difficult to achieve total agreement.
thank you yes she is and she is really wanting to know since he signed a name that is no longer legally his will that affect any ending outcome.

fairisfair

thank you yes she is and she is really wanting to know since he signed a name that is no longer legally his will that affect any ending outcome.
she could change the will to include his AKA. For example John D. Smith AKA: John D. Doe, and the other two persons. I agree with Dandy though, leaving the distribution of her estate up to three people who have to agree is asking for a brawl. And what happens if two want one thing and one the other? Or nobody at all agrees?

I bet grandma will be looking down and laughing:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">