• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainday

What is the name of your state? PA

Okay, so here is my problem my friend got in trouble a while ago and his hearings are coming up, but his public defender is not doing at all what he should be. He won't look into anything for him so here is what happened. My friend had this girl coming to his house she was a friend, and would come over to watch movies. then this friend started coming over a lot asking he could smoke pot with her. so he got some and did the next time she came over then the next time after that she asked if he could give her some to smoke later, so he gave her a pinch out of his bag now he is not a drug dealer or anything like that he just has a problem over the next few weeks she started coming over more often bringing movies and food hanging out. one day she asked him to pick up a movie for the next day and gave him 20 dollars to do so with. the next day police broke in his door and search his house saying that he was selling to an undercover who had been the girl who was coming over hanging out well apparently she had been arrested for some felony crimes and was trying to get out of it she setup my friend who hadn't even been selling her drugs the only money he had ever taken from her was for the movie the night before the raid, and it was a marked 20 dollar bill they had found during the raid, and they also found less than four grams of pot. he had a plea and they said 2-4 years now in light of new information. The new information being that if Its less than five grams the schoolzone doesn't apply. He removed his plea now they are going for 4-8 years. So I am looking for any kind of help I can for him because he has straitened up his self and just had a baby and has been clean of drugs since the incident which was probably a year ago to anyone that can help I thank you very much. He's never been in trouble before not even a parking ticket.

Last edited:

damama

Have you ever heard of sentences and punctuation marks?
Have you ever heard of tactfulness?:rolleyes: :
If you have no answer then why respond??

I don't have an answer either but I wanted the poster to know that not everyone here shares your attitude and hope they don't shy away from get the answers they need.
Yes, I know that was a run on sentence. ;)

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? PA

Okay so here is my problem my friend got in trouble a while ago and his hearings are coming up but his public defender is not doing at all what he should be he won_t look into anything for him so here is what happened. My friend had this girl coming to his house she was a friend and would come over to watch movies then this friend started coming over a lot asking he could smoke pot with her so he got some and did the next time she came over then the next time after that she asked if he could give her some to smoke later so he gave her a pinch out of his bag now he is not a drug dealer or anything like that he just has a problem over the next few weeks she started coming over more often bringing movies and food hanging out one day she asked him to pick up a movie for the next day and gave him 20 dollars to do so with the next day police broke in his door and search his house saying that he was selling to an undercover who had been the girl who was coming over hanging out well apparently she had been arrested for some felony crimes and was trying to get out of it she setup my friend who hadn't even been selling her drugs the only money he had ever taken from her was for the movie the night before the raid and it was a marked 20 dollar bill they had found during the raid and they also found less than four grams of pot he had a plea and they said 2-4 years now in light of new information. He removed his plea now they are going for 4-8 years So I am looking for any kind of help I can for him because he has straitened up his self and just had a baby and has been clean of drugs since the incident which was probably a year ago to anyone that can help I thank you very much.
That's a controlled buy. The cops have the marked bill, some weed and a witness. That's usually enough for a search warrant and a conviction. On the ohter hand, sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference so you need to have an attorney look over every thing that's in the discovery. Does this guy have a criminal history? What do you mean by "in light of new information?" Two to four years seems kind of harsh for a crime like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">