• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied legal help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bethany

how would i go about representing myself in court?i have a temporary restraining order on my ex-boyfriend and i did go to legal aid.they told me they couldn't find a lawyer because it was short notice. they were closed on friday and monday for the holiday.i know my ex boyfriend will have a pricey lawyer with him and he can manipulate any situation to his advantage. this is so new to me.what proof do i need (my mom witnessed some abuse but she lives in florida and was only visiting)we live in wv any advice welcome!i need to make this a permanent order

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bethany said:
how would i go about representing myself in court?i have a temporary restraining order on my ex-boyfriend and i did go to legal aid.they told me they couldn't find a lawyer because it was short notice. they were closed on friday and monday for the holiday.i know my ex boyfriend will have a pricey lawyer with him and he can manipulate any situation to his advantage. this is so new to me.what proof do i need (my mom witnessed some abuse but she lives in florida and was only visiting)we live in wv any advice welcome!i need to make this a permanent order

My response:

You need your witnesses, any photos of injuries, the police report. The court will realize you're on your own and will be lenient with you. Just say what happened, and why you need the order to be permanent, and bring your witnesses and evidence.

That's the best you can do.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">