• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Tags/Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinhighn2

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I recently passed through a sobriety checkpoint on Labor Day weekend and as I was nearing the end of the line, the trooper told me to pull over because my tags had expired. They had only been expired for 2 days(expired Aug 31). He said he still had to write a ticket because "they had to show that they were enforcing all the laws at this checkpoint, not just DUI."

He said I could go to court with evidence of new registration obtained and the judge might possibly dismiss with no court costs. I plan to do this but need to know how to "plead". I've never gotten any tickets before so I haven't had the "experience" of the courtroom.

What do I do to get this dismissed?

xylene

plead not guilty,

go to court and show the registration to the judge.

If he says "too bad - XX dollar fine" then you have been found guilty.

If he says "case dismissed" than you can go without penalty

Plead guilt there will be no court and you will recieve a notice of your fine.

Is your time worth the fine you may avoid? I don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">