• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony drug charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lino120

I live in Nebraska. I'm 18 so I qualify as an adult, but not completly. I still attend high school I was charged with possesion of morphine and xanax. I was wondering if this could get dropped to a misdemeanor or if I could face drug court or probation? Just wondering. Also when they searched my car they never once asked me, they just did it, probably suspecting I was drunk/high, as I had run a stop sign.

Some Random Guy

I live in Nebraska. I'm 18 so I qualify as an adult, but not completly.
Yes, you COMPLETELY qualify as an adult.

I was charged with possesion of morphine and xanax. I was wondering if this could get dropped to a misdemeanor or if I could face drug court or probation?
get a lawyer and ask them. Yes it will be expensive, but you shoudn't defend yourself against a felony without representation.

Just wondering. Also when they searched my car they never once asked me, they just did it, probably suspecting I was drunk/high, as I had run a stop sign.
Your lawyer can get the police report which will explain why the police thought they had probable cause to search your car. If they had no valid reason and the drugs were not in plain sight, then you may get the evidence suppressed. However, I wouldn't count on it. The police don't have to explain to you why they are searching at the time of the search, they just have to provide an explanation to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">