• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daddyof3

What is the name of your state? california
I was discharged out of the navy with an other than honorable discharge for using marijuana. my question is, can i still purchase a hand gun in the state of california. my record is clean otherwise.

CdwJava

daddyof3 said:
What is the name of your state? california
I was discharged out of the navy with an other than honorable discharge for using marijuana. my question is, can i still purchase a hand gun in the state of california. my record is clean otherwise.
If you were not sentenced to a federal facility for more than 30 days or fined more than $1,000 under a federal violation, and presuming the allegation or conviction in a military court (assuming you were tried) was for a misdemeanor and use only and not distribution, you should be eligible to purchase a firearm if you are not otherwise disqualified.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">