• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket In School Zone.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ineedhelp81

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
Ok first off, I have learned my lesson about speeding in school zones, and I only did it once when I was running late and was absolutely wrong and I now totally avoid school zones and only drives the speed limit everywhere, butI got a ticket though for going 33 in a 20 MPH school zone. I found out when I called the Municipal Court to find out what my fines will be, that the Municipal Judge has ordered anyone who gets a ticket for speeding in school zones to appear before him and he will set fines, that scares me, not just about the fines but is there any possibilty he could senetence me to jail, this is my first ticket for speeding in a school zone.:eek:

The Occultist

School zone or not, 13 over is not exactly vehicular manslaughter.

Yes, technically, in Arkansas speeding in a school zone first offense is punishable by 1 to 10 days in jail, but unless you've been given lots of similar tickets or are a complete jerkoff in the courtroom, they're not gonna give that to you.

ineedhelp81

School zone or not, 13 over is not exactly vehicular manslaughter.

Yes, technically, in Arkansas speeding in a school zone first offense is punishable by 1 to 10 days in jail, but unless you've been given lots of similar tickets or are a complete jerkoff in the courtroom, they're not gonna give that to you.
Where's your source that you could get 1-10 days in jail, oh no! I've had lots of non-school zone speeding tickets and one failure to yield to pedestrians.

Last edited:

The Occultist

Of course, on a double check, it does appear the the mandatory minimum is one day in jail. How about that. Even includes mandatory minimum fine of $25, but up to $100. Not really sure what to tell ya anymore. Good luck.

ineedhelp81

So basically speaking, I'm going to jail?? This is not good, I have a job and everything.

Of course, on a double check, it does appear the the mandatory minimum is one day in jail. How about that. Even includes mandatory minimum fine of $25, but up to $100. Not really sure what to tell ya anymore. Good luck.

Last edited:

AHA

So basically speaking, I'm going to jail?? This is not good, I have a job and everything.
Since apparently multiple speeding tickets has not made you learn a simple lesson, it's a good thing that you'll hvae to go infront of a judge. LISTEN TO HIM AND LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF SPEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ineedhelp81

Since apparently multiple speeding tickets has not made you learn a simple lesson, it's a good thing that you'll hvae to go infront of a judge. LISTEN TO HIM AND LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF SPEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have learned and I never go through school zones, I went through that one b/c I was runninglate to work and I shouldn't of and will NEVER AGAIN, and I don't even speed anymore, I have found it to be a gas guzzler. I didn't hurt anybody and I have no problem with whatever fine it might be, I do have a problem with the jail time. I certainly won't learn anything locked up, loosing my job and then UNABLE to pay my fines, and getting screwed up and learning really bad stuff from big Bubba!

Last edited:

ineedhelp81

Can anyone else help me on this issue, I need more input.

I have learned and I never go through school zones, I went through that one b/c I was runninglate to work and I shouldn't of and will NEVER AGAIN, and I don't even speed anymore, I have found it to be a gas guzzler. I didn't hurt anybody and I have no problem with whatever fine it might be, I do have a problem with the jail time. I certainly won't learn anything locked up, loosing my job and then UNABLE to pay my fines, and getting screwed up and learning really bad stuff from big Bubba!

Who's Liable?

I have learned and I never go through school zones,
Good... Kdis have a better chance with you not there.

I went through that one b/c I was runninglate to work
And that justifies speeding through a school zone?

I didn't hurt anybody
Not this time. If you had actually hit a kid, things would be MUCH worse.

and I have no problem with whatever fine it might be,
Good... Than pay it.

I do have a problem with the jail time. I certainly won't learn anything locked up, loosing my job and then UNABLE to pay my fines, and getting screwed up and learning really bad stuff from big Bubba!
And how is that the Judges fault? Did the judge make you late for work, did the judge make you go through the school zone, did the judge press your foot on the pedal?
If you lose your job, and get touched in your "off-limits" zones by Bubba, it is YOUR fault.

ineedhelp81

Good... Kdis have a better chance with you not there.

And that justifies speeding through a school zone?

Not this time. If you had actually hit a kid, things would be MUCH worse.

Good... Than pay it.

And how is that the Judges fault? Did the judge make you late for work, did the judge make you go through the school zone, did the judge press your foot on the pedal?
If you lose your job, and get touched in your "off-limits" zones by Bubba, it is YOUR fault.
BUT I SAID IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN! gEE WHIZ! WHY DON'T HE JUST GIVE ME THE DEATH PENALTY WHILE HE'S AT IT!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">