• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boss wants me to go to jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DebbieC29

Florida

Hi, not to long before the Labor Day weekend my boss told me he wants me to go online and find back haul loads for the local carriers. I work for a small fertilizer company in central Florida. My understanding of this is that it would be illegal for me to do. I am not sure why but my boss would make money and I would be in jail. I find trucks now to haul compost to the southeast region of the United States. I am thinking it would be because of the licenses.
Anyway since I told them that I would not be doing this because I am not going to jail for them, things at my job have gotten really bad for me. They gave me today off with no pay. She (my supervisor) told me I had a bad attitude. Yes, I did. Not only have they given me attitude about this illegal back haul stuff, but my job gets threatened on an almost daily basis! I got a call last Monday (from my brother on my cell during work hours, everyone there does) he told me my mother had cancer on her face. My supervisor said to me "Don't they know you could lose your job?" Why kick a person when they are down?
Is all of this stuff okay for them to do? Isn't this some sort of ethics thing or harassment?
Please help
Thanx

HappyHusband

and how do you know this action is illegal?
That's what I want to know.

If it is legal to haul loads to states in the southeast region, why would it be illegal to haul a load from the southeast state back to Florida or other southeast state? (Legal, meaning the drivers have a valid license, and the company has the proper permits and insurance, which you, as a haul finder/dispatcher, have nothing to do with)
You should already be fired for insubordination.

LSCAP

There’s an old axiom in Labor. When the boss gives an order: Unless its dangerous to you or someone else, do it and report to the proper people later.

It sounds like you are going to get fired anyway because of what you are doing or are not doing.

If it’s legal, you are not doing your job. Find out if it is legal, if so do it.
It might only be a tacit agreement between companies. " Don't steal my jobs and I wont steal yours.
Or your company might bill higher claiming one way payload, and loss on return. Like it costs more to rent a trailor one way.

If it’s not legal, you are a danger to them and will get fired and labeled a trouble maker and have trouble getting another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">