• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kyton82

What is the name of your state? Washington

Hey, I'm 19 years old and this is my second speeding ticket. The first one I just paid off because I thought that would just be the fastest and easiest way to take care of it, even though everyone told me to take it to the judge. Now that I have my second one, i figure my insurance can't afford for me to just pay it. I was going 79 in a 60, and to be completely honest I am guilty just like everyone else whos ever gotten a speeding ticket. The state trooper just wen't about it all wrong. He was very rude and curt, and as soon as he got out of the car I knew he was going to give me the biggest ticket he could.

The stretch of road I was pulled over on is about 200 miles from where I live, and its some kind of highway. He was going the opposite direction and he turned around on the highway/freeway and started coming after me. (without his lights on, so I'm pretty sure thats illegal) I slowed down to 65, and was going 65 for about a minute and a half (my exit was just coming up, so I was hoping I'd make it before he caught up to me) finally he caught up to me and turned his lights on to pull me over (dunno if its illegal to speed without his lights on either?)

Thats pretty much it on the actual speeding part, but also he didn't ask for my signature on the ticket, he just gave it to me and where I should've signed it says "A given copy"

Sorry if I sound kind of petty trying to get myself let off, its not so much the ticket as I know I was in the wrong, but my insurance WILL rise if I let this go through, and I'm on my moms insurance right now so I don't wan't to screw hers up either.

Thanks in advanceWhat is the name of your state?

The Occultist

You're not going to get out of it for any of the reasons you have provided. You can try questioning the calibration of his radar and tuning forks and whatnot if you want to, but I think your best bet is to try to arrange some sort of plea bargain with the DA that may result in higher fines, but no points assessed on your license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">