• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Race Discrimination and retaliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leechris

I reside and work in Illinois. I have worked for the same company the last 12 years. I filed an employment discrimination claim based on race and retaliation in March 1999. My case hinges on the continuing violation theory since my issues began in 1989 and go through March 1999, including another retaliation in June 2000. In my opinion, the defendant must first, prove my continuing violation theory is irrelevant and second, make it appear this is all about poor job reviews. They attempt the first task by taking deposition statements out of context and supporting them with legal citation that would stipulate those facts are time-barred. They attempt the second task by stating legal citations, some I believe belong to the presiding magistrate judge, that have set precedents where negative job reviews were not a defense for the plaintiff.

Summarized, while some facts, individually, are affected by a time element (continuing violation theory) in this case, my material facts are:
+ not all deemed frivilous, so stated by the defendant
+ not all time-barred, so stated by the defendant
+ bonafide violations of civil rights in lesser or greater degrees, the plaintiff's opinion

Therefore, do you think my case contains enough reasonable merit to convince the judge to dismiss the motion for summary judgement?

[Edited by leechris on 01-05-2001 at 12:21 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">