• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Zoning Laws / zone variance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tater

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I thought I had already posted this......but guess not.:( Here goes**************.....

My small town requires a lot to be at least 1800 sq. ft to build. We have 1500 to build a very small duplex. It meets ALL the setback requirements with a little room to spare. But the town will not grant us variance. They have admitted that it would be an improvement to the property over what is currently there and it would generously increase their tax base. But refuse as they feel if the do for one they have to do for the others (there have been four other requests/denials since enactment in 2004.

And yet a restaurant across the street built their bldg just 2 feet from the neighbors property. There wasn't anything built on that property at the time, but when the neighbor built his new home there, if one parks in the drive way and opens the door, it will hit the fence (coming off of the restaurant bldg). Of course this all happened before (probably caused the town enactment) 2004.

Do I have any legal recourse? Other than just leaving the worn/torn garage there and letting the weeds grow. Maybe we could use the site for retired Port O Potties! Yeah, it's directly across the street from the local food market! And right smack in town to boot!

Seriously**************...need advice and quickly! Please? ;)What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">