• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miss ann

What is the name of your state? New York

Can you tell me what is the difference in these conspiracy charges? 843 and 846, and what determines which one is charged? also, are there any cases you can give me with these 2 charges?

JETX

Can you tell me what is the difference in these conspiracy charges? 843 and 846, and what determines which one is charged? also, are there any cases you can give me with these 2 charges?
There are no such statutes under the New York penal code.
What is the EXACT charge... and under what laws?? Is this a FEDERAL charge under 21 USC 843 and 846??
If so, section 843 describes the specific illegal acts... and 846 makes it illegal for anyone to conspire to commit them... even if they may not have been actively involved in the criminal act itself.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode21/usc_sup_01_21_10_13_20_I_30_D.html

Last edited:

2901bruce

Hey Miss Ann. Judging by the post from the knowledgeable JetX, It sounds like you, or someone you know is in BIG TROUBLE!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">