• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamie_vm_2005@y

What is the name of your state? TN

My sister was arrested on a drug felony charge about 30 minutes ago. Someone called a complaint on them at their apartment complex and the cops went in to investigate. They found cocaine, marijuana, and some parafinailya. My mom had to go and pick up her kids. That is how we found out. Her boyfriend was telling the police that the stuff was his, but I think she might hav used the stuff too.

What should we do for her, and how serious is this??
What is a drug felony charge?

Last edited:

The Occultist

It's very serious, especially with kids around. She needs a lawyer.

What is/are the exact statute(s) she was charged with? (by the way, possession does not mean ownership; even if the bf owned all the drugs, she was still in possession of them)

jamie_vm_2005@y

To the Occultist

:confused: :confused: :confused: Her charges are simple possesion and I think 2 counts of child neglect.

Will she be able to get her kids back?

Her bf was on probabtion so he is going away for a while

fairisfair

:confused: :confused: :confused: Her charges are simple possesion and I think 2 counts of child neglect.

Will she be able to get her kids back?

Her bf was on probabtion so he is going away for a while
There is no way for us to guess if she will be getting her children back. What is the custody situation now with the grandmother??

There is no way for us to give you the fines/jail time, without the actual statute information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">