• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with felony drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LilCrupt

Im in Oregon and was just arrested with less than 5 grams of rock cocaine and dealing paraphenalia. I have no prior record and had no cash with me, but was given a citation (as felony citations are allowed in oregon) for manufacture, delivery and possession. I will get my inditement in the mail in a few weeks.
Now, I am wondering if it is at all likely that, should I get a court appointed lawyer and plea bargain, I avoid jail time and instead get a while of probation. The arresting officer said it was likely i would see a year and a half probation, but I figured I'd get a second opinion. Please reply asap.

weenor

Im in Oregon and was just arrested with less than 5 grams of rock cocaine and dealing paraphenalia. I have no prior record and had no cash with me, but was given a citation (as felony citations are allowed in oregon) for manufacture, delivery and possession. I will get my inditement in the mail in a few weeks.
Now, I am wondering if it is at all likely that, should I get a court appointed lawyer and plea bargain, I avoid jail time and instead get a while of probation. The arresting officer said it was likely i would see a year and a half probation, but I figured I'd get a second opinion. Please reply asap.

It will totally depend on the prosecutor and the judge. An attorney would be helpful to negotiate and to advise you on what would be considered a good deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">