• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So Unfair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justice4her

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA MY SISTER WAS ARRESTED FOR TRAFFICING SHE STARTED OUT PLEAING NOT GUILTY THEN SHE MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEA THEY PROMISED HER NO MORE JAIL TIME SHE HAD TO CHANGE HER PLEA TO GUILTY THIS WAS AGINST HER LAWYER'S ADVICE WE WERE ALL STUNNED WHEN THE JUDGE SENTENCED HER TO 23 YRS WITH A MANDATORY MININMUM OF 8 YRS. THE DEA SAID SHE DIDNT COMPLETE EVERYTHING ASKED OF HER HOW CAN SHE GET AN APPEAL OR IS THEIR ANYTHING ANYONE CAN DO? SHE WAS ALSO GIVEN A 100,000 FINE AS WELL IT IS SO UPSETTING PLEASE HELP OUR FAMILY THANK YOU

The Occultist

Firstly, stop shouting (typing in caps). It makes it difficult to read. Also, use punctuation and form complete sentences. Many people on this board simply won't answer if you refuse to type in a manner accepted by those of a bare minimum education.

Now, to address what [I think] you are asking, there's not a whole lot your sister can do. The DEA made a deal, your sister ignored her lawyer's advice and accepted the deal, and then apparently failed to fulfill her end of the bargain. She brought this on herself. You can always try to appeal (you WILL need a lawyer for this), but I doubt it will produce anything fruitful for you.

J

justice4her

somebody else besides "the occultist" please

can someone with a real iq answer my question i can get an answer alot nicer than yours from a crackhead

CdwJava

justice4her said:
can someone with a real iq answer my question i can get an answer alot nicer than yours from a crackhead
Sorry, but "nice" is not promised here. Besides, Occultist was not rude or incorrect - he merely stated the obvious.

Typing in all capital letters is contrary to proper 'netiquette' ... and the complete lack of punctuation makes it difficult to completely understand what you are saying or asking.

Can she appeal? Probably. But, her attorney will have to find grounds for an appeal ... and not liking the sentence is not sufficient grounds. What does she intend to argue as grounds for an appeal?

Generally, a defendant is advised by the court when a deal is announced that the court is under no obligation to abide by the sentencing recommendation in the deal. It is likely that this admonition is in the court records. Further, her attorney will have to look at the deal she made with the DEA and what she did for them to see if whole thing will hold up. If she fulfilled her end of the bargain and the DEA still came into court at the sentencing phase and cried, "Foul!" then she might have something to go with.

She will certainly need an attorney to deal with an appeal. Keep in mind that appeals have to be filed in a timely manner, so if the trial is more than 90 days old, she MAY have passed her appeal time (no, I am not sure what that period is for FL).

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

Of course someone else can answer. but it won't be different. Since we don't know the deal or what your sister did NOT do, what the hell do you expect.

The plain fact is, the judge has total discretion NOT to abide by any deal between the prosecution and the defendant.

Your sister is a druggie. She most likely got what she deserved.

Some Random Guy

the only difference between no more jail time and 23 yrs and $100K fine is "THE DEA SAID SHE DIDNT COMPLETE EVERYTHING ASKED OF HER".

Unless you are able to prove that she did complete what was required for the terms of her plea agreement, she is out of luck. What does her lawyer say?

J

justice4her

Of course someone else can answer. but it won't be different. Since we don't know the deal or what your sister did NOT do, what the hell do you expect.

The plain fact is, the judge has total discretion NOT to abide by any deal between the prosecution and the defendant.

Your sister is a druggie. She most likely got what she deserved.
LISTEN UP!!! DRUGS ARE A DISEASE HOW DARE YOU JUDGE HER SHE DEFINATELY DID NOT DESERVE THAT. SHE IS A MOM AND A FRIEND AND A HUMAN BEING WHO HAS NEVER HURT ANYONE IN HER LIFETIME SHE GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE WHOLE DRUG SCENE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO AND SHE MADE A FEW BAD CHOICES YOU KNOW I CAME TO THIS POST LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE AND MOST OF YOU ARE ARROGANT *******S( I APOLOGIZE TO THE ONES WHO ARE DECENT AND TRYING TO HELP OUT)PEOPLE LIKE YOU GET A RUSH FROM THE FEELING YOU GET BY BEING ABLE TO BE THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OTHERS ASK WELL SMART ASS YOU SOME OF THAT KNOWLEDGE YOU CLAIM TO HAVE AND GET A CLUE!!! PUTTING OTHERS DOWN TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD IS SOMETHING YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU IS WRONG AND SHOWS HOW MUCH SENSE IS TRULY IN YOUR HEADS......STOP HATING LIFE, IT'S TO SHORT

BelizeBreeze

LISTEN UP!!! DRUGS ARE A DISEASE HOW DARE YOU JUDGE HER SHE DEFINATELY DID NOT DESERVE THAT. SHE IS A MOM AND A FRIEND AND A HUMAN BEING WHO HAS NEVER HURT ANYONE IN HER LIFETIME SHE GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE WHOLE DRUG SCENE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO AND SHE MADE A FEW BAD CHOICES YOU KNOW I CAME TO THIS POST LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE AND MOST OF YOU ARE ARROGANT *******S( I APOLOGIZE TO THE ONES WHO ARE DECENT AND TRYING TO HELP OUT)PEOPLE LIKE YOU GET A RUSH FROM THE FEELING YOU GET BY BEING ABLE TO BE THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OTHERS ASK WELL SMART ASS YOU SOME OF THAT KNOWLEDGE YOU CLAIM TO HAVE AND GET A CLUE!!! PUTTING OTHERS DOWN TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD IS SOMETHING YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU IS WRONG AND SHOWS HOW MUCH SENSE IS TRULY IN YOUR HEADS......STOP HATING LIFE, IT'S TO SHORT
you are truely funny. First you say drugs are a disease, then you come back with "SHE MADE A FEW BAD CHOICES ". Guess what? That's the point. Doing drugs is a choice, she chose to do them, got caught, did not perform what she promised and is now paying for her CHOICE!!!

But I'd expect nothing less from a druggie or a druggie's relative.

J

justice4her

you are truely funny. First you say drugs are a disease, then you come back with "SHE MADE A FEW BAD CHOICES ". Guess what? That's the point. Doing drugs is a choice, she chose to do them, got caught, did not perform what she promised and is now paying for her CHOICE!!!

But I'd expect nothing less from a druggie or a druggie's relative.
YOU TRULY ARE PITYFUL NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME (SINCE 2004) BUT SIT AROUND AND PRETEND TO BE SOME WELL EDUCATED PERSON WITH ALL THE ANSWERS THE WAY YOU USE YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS SHOWS HOW DUMB YOU ARE GET A LIFE DUDE OH YEAH JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE A DISEASE AND YES SHE CHOOSE TO TRY THEM AND SHE'S PAYING FOR HER CHOICE AND MISTAKES SHE MADE AND AFTER HAVING THE PRIVLIDGE OF CHATTING WITH YOU I NO LONGER FEEL SO BAD FOR HER BECAUSE SHE IS STRONG AND HAS SUPPORT AND SHE'LL GET THRU THIS BUT YOU MY FRIEND ARE SUCH A SAD SICK INDIVIDUAL YOU REALLY NEED SOME MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING AND ANGER MANAGEMENT WELL I DONT HAVE TIME TO BICKER BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU (I DO HAVE A LIFE- I SUGGEST YOU GET ONE) TAKE CARE AND CHECK INTO SOME THERAPY DO EVERYONE A FAVOR K BYE BYE

Last edited by a moderator:

BelizeBreeze

YOU TRULY ARE PITYFUL NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME (SINCE 2004) BUT SIT AROUND AND PRETEND TO BE SOME WELL EDUCATED PERSON WITH ALL THE ANSWERS THE WAY YOU USE YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS SHOWS HOW ****ING DUMB YOU ARE GET A LIFE DUDE OH YEAH JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE A DISEASE AND YES SHE CHOOSE TO TRY THEM AND SHE'S PAYING FOR HER CHOICE AND MISTAKES SHE MADE AND AFTER HAVING THE PRIVLIDGE OF CHATTING WITH YOU I NO LONGER FEEL SO BAD FOR HER BECAUSE SHE IS STRONG AND HAS SUPPORT AND SHE'LL GET THRU THIS BUT YOU MY FRIEND ARE SUCH A SAD SICK INDIVIDUAL YOU REALLY NEED SOME MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING AND ANGER MANAGEMENT WELL I DONT HAVE TIME TO BICKER BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU (I DO HAVE A LIFE- I SUGGEST YOU GET ONE) TAKE CARE AND CHECK INTO SOME THERAPY DO EVERYONE A FAVOR K BYE BYE
Me thinks she doth protest too much :D MEOW!!!!!!

I guess druggies are still making excuses.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Me thinks she doth protest too much :D MEOW!!!!!!

I guess druggies are still making excuses.
You must have missed the memo BB -- apparently we are supposed to be nice and say only what the OP wants to hear. Excuses? No... those are reasons...:rolleyes:
She was addicted and can't deal with it... poor baby. I feel so sorry that the big bad drugs forced themselves into her little life and she couldn't do ANYTHING to prevent being addicted and that she just succumbed. :( :p

Okay OP there was your pity. Now your druggie sister is paying for her bad choices which includes going to prison so she can't sell any of this **** to any innocent kids or otherwise contribute to the decline of the country.

2901bruce

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA MY SISTER WAS ARRESTED FOR TRAFFICING SHE STARTED OUT PLEAING NOT GUILTY THEN SHE MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEA THEY PROMISED HER NO MORE JAIL TIME SHE HAD TO CHANGE HER PLEA TO GUILTY THIS WAS AGINST HER LAWYER'S ADVICE WE WERE ALL STUNNED WHEN THE JUDGE SENTENCED HER TO 23 YRS WITH A MANDATORY MININMUM OF 8 YRS. THE DEA SAID SHE DIDNT COMPLETE EVERYTHING ASKED OF HER HOW CAN SHE GET AN APPEAL OR IS THEIR ANYTHING ANYONE CAN DO? SHE WAS ALSO GIVEN A 100,000 FINE AS WELL IT IS SO UPSETTING PLEASE HELP OUR FAMILY THANK YOU
Whelp, your sister made her deal with the DEA & the DEA got what they wanted. Whenever you cut a deal, if they won't put it in writing.... pass! Tell your sister you'll see her in about 8 years.

I am probably way out of line - but...

I thought more than twice about whether or not I should post a reply, and ultimately realized that I shouldn't. But, my morals got the better of me and here I go.

First things first: all of my thoughts and/or opinions contain not one fluid ounce of disrespect to anyone who has previously replied to justice4her's question.

I am in total disbelief at the immature judging and name-calling that transpired. As I see it, the question was asked in all caps which is not the proper method. The Occultist was in no way rude with the answer (as well as the netiquette advice) given. It was completely unbiased, honest, and informative; the way it should be.

Other than justice4her, not a single person replying knows the lady that plead guilty to drug charges, therefore, nothing more than speculation can occur when questioning her character. In all fairness, not a single person replying knows any of the men or women that comprise the side of the law enforcement in this particular jurisdiction. For all we know, they could closely resemble that of the former New Orleans Police Department; more corrupt than the criminals themselves.

Now, that is where I will create a stopping point for my "un-asked for" opinions. However, I do have one question: If the majority of the people who replied feel the way they do towards people who (do, use, abuse, or whatever verb is more preferred) drugs, why even be in here to offer advice? Isn't there a different forum that would be more appeasing than one that is comprised of "druggie skanks"? And please do offer me a logical reason for the comment of "One sister down, one to go!". That was completely unneccesary.

In summary, I was able to speak (type) my mind without focusing on the Jews, or the vegetarians, or the animal rights activists, or any of the many other forms of groups that are made up of people just like you and me. We should all stick to the real purpose and focus on the issues at hand, or we should create our own forum site elsewhere.

By the way, I happen to be Jewish, so please don't think that I singled out a particular race to bash. Also, my heart and my soul goes out to all living animals that are treated cruelly and/or inhumane (some of my closest friends refer to me as an activist). As for the vegetarians, I tried it for a few months, but became very pale, not to mention very bored with salads! (just kidding about the salad part).

Please don't attack me, as I attacked noone. My only "infraction" is that I care too much for all types of people, because in essence, each one of us belongs to the people group, right?????

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to express myself (without any emoticons - only because at this moment none of the one's offered relate to my exact mood).

You Are Guilty

And please do offer me a logical reason for the comment of "One sister down, one to go!". That was completely unneccesary.
Well, since that was my comment, I think I can address your concerns here. Nothing on this entire forum is "necessary" - anyone who's sticks around to provide advice is a volunteer. Furthermore, lawyers are not doctors - we didn't take an oath to represent everyone, good or bad, no matter the circumstances. We get to pick and choose who we work for. And to do so, we get to use our own personal beliefs, whatever they may be.

As it so happens, MY personal belief is that the poster is just as crazy as her locked-up, druggie sister. (Were we to fast foward to five years from now, I'd be willing to bet that our poster will be enjoying her local correctional facilities, but alas, time is not on my side for this one). But since you of all people would clearly recognize that I have the right to my beliefs just as much as you have the right to yours, then I think we can agree that my comment was not only logical, but required in a situation such as this one.

Not to mention it was damn funny, if I say so myself.

I'll leave the remainder of your comments for one of the other anti-bleeding heart crusaders we have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">