• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon? Which state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rose0295

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello everyone,
I am having ongoing issues with my brakes squeaking and my sunroof rattling. I bought an 05' Pontiac G6, July of 05'. I have had the pads replaced once at 3500 miles for the squeak, then the pads and rotors replaced again 2 days ago at 16k now, (they did squeak again after the first pad replacing but I let it go for a while which I really regret). The rattle has been worked on 3 times within the first 12 months. It will go in again next week for more work on it.

The brakes are still squeaking!! I heard them 2x yesterday!
1st question...could my car be considered a lemon with these 2 problems?
2nd question...I bought my car in New Jersey, but I live in Pennsylvania. Which state law do I fall under? In PA you only have 12 months, in NJ you have 24 months. I REALLY hope I fall under the NJ law!! Otherwise I'm screwed right? Because I waited too long.

I appreciate any help!
Thank youWhat is the name of your state?

JETX

could my car be considered a lemon with these 2 problems?
2nd question...I bought my car in New Jersey, but I live in Pennsylvania. Which state law do I fall under?
Rather than play 100 questions... contact the attorney at the following... they handle lemon law cases in both PA and NJ:
[link removed]
Under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law your car may be declared a lemon if it meets all of the following conditions:
* it has a nonconformity (a defect, or condition) the nonconformity is covered by the manufacturer's express warranty
* the nonconformity SUBSTANTIALLY impairs the use, market value, or safety of the car
* the nonconformity is not the result of an accident, abuse, neglect, or alteration of the car by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized dealer
* you reported the nonconformity at least once to the manufacturer's authorized dealer during the Pennsylvania Lemon Law Rights Period of 1 year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.
* you gave the manufacturer or its authorized dealer three opportunities to repair the nonconformity.

As for NJ, they simply classify a 'nonconformity' as:
a defect or condition which substantially impairs the use, value or safety of a motor vehicle.

However, in reviewing your 'complaints', it appears that neither 'squealing' brakes or a 'sunroof rattle' would not fall under EITHER states lemon laws.

genivieve

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello everyone,
I am having ongoing issues with my brakes squeaking and my sunroof rattling. I bought an 05' Pontiac G6, July of 05'. I have had the pads replaced once at 3500 miles for the squeak, then the pads and rotors replaced again 2 days ago at 16k now, (they did squeak again after the first pad replacing but I let it go for a while which I really regret). The rattle has been worked on 3 times within the first 12 months. It will go in again next week for more work on it.

The brakes are still squeaking!! I heard them 2x yesterday!
1st question...could my car be considered a lemon with these 2 problems?
2nd question...I bought my car in New Jersey, but I live in Pennsylvania. Which state law do I fall under? In PA you only have 12 months, in NJ you have 24 months. I REALLY hope I fall under the NJ law!! Otherwise I'm screwed right? Because I waited too long.

I appreciate any help!
Thank youWhat is the name of your state?
You dont have a lemon law problem, you have a mechanic problem. The mechanic has removed or not replaced the brake shims, thus causing excessive wear and squeaking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">