• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with DUI-marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patmel

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

I really need some quick advice.

I was driving through Wyoming on my way to Nebraska. I was not speeding or driving erradically. I was pulled over for "crossing the center line" when I know I really did not.

The officer said he smelled pot and requested to search my car. I agreed. He found a very small piece of a joint under my seat. They searched the entire car and found nothing else.

I was requested to take a urinalysis to determine if THC was in my system. I declined. I am being charged with DUI-marijuana. I was taken to jail and released on my own recognicance after 4 hours. I was given a temp. driver's license and I must attend a hearing in 90 days to have my license suspended. I received 2 tickets, and I have to appear in court this week.I AM A FIRST-TIME OFFENDER.

My concerns are:

What can I expect to happen? Is this a misdemeanor? Can I have this wiped from my record? How can someone be charged with DUI-marijuana based on the results of a drug test when marijuana stays in the system for much longer than 24 hrs.(Do I have a possible defense against this)? If I get put on probation, does this mean I must live in WY (perhaps this is a stupid question, but this is all new to me).

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!

patmel

another question

Will a suspended driver's license show up on an employment background check? If so, does it stay there permanently, even after the period of suspension?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">