• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with car i just bought! its breaking down!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicole917

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

ok- i bought a 94 jeep and my warantee was for 1,000 miles or 30 days. im just over the mileage by 60 miles and now theres a crack in the block and my antifreeze is pouring out from the bottom. the dealership isnt giving me any straight answers as to if they can fix it. the salesman told me they dont sell "junk" there and apparantly he lied b/c now i cant drive the jeep.

should i have it towed to them to see if they can fix it? or possibly see if they can give me another car thats the same value?

i havent made a payment on my loan yet, what else can i do? i lost alot of money b/c of this stupid car that doesnt work!!! they said it was garanteed to pass inspection and now i have nothing to pass!!!

JETX

ok- i bought a 94 jeep
So, clearly, your post does NOT belong under the 'lemon law' area!!!

and my warantee was for 1,000 miles or 30 days. im just over the mileage by 60 miles
Sorry, but that means you are OUT of warranty.

and now theres a crack in the block and my antifreeze is pouring out from the bottom. the dealership isnt giving me any straight answers as to if they can fix it.
They have NO obligation to fix it. I strongly suggest you take the vehicle somewhere else to be repaired. And yes, if you cannot PROVE that the damage was pre-existing or that it happened BEFORE the warranty extension, it is out of your pocket.

the salesman told me they dont sell "junk" there and apparantly he lied b/c now i cant drive the jeep.
I don't understand how you can say that!! Did you have YOUR mechanic inspect the vehicle before you purchased it?? Of course not.
Are you saying that the dealership should have been somehow able to 'tell the future' and that the engine block would crack at 1050 miles??
Of course not.

should i have it towed to them to see if they can fix it? or possibly see if they can give me another car thats the same value?
You can if you want to. However, the dealer has NO legal obligation to provide you with anything... much less exchange your wreck for another car of "the same value".

i havent made a payment on my loan yet, what else can i do? i lost alot of money b/c of this stupid car that doesnt work!!! they said it was garanteed to pass inspection and now i have nothing to pass!!!
First, presuming you mean a safety and/or emission inspection, there is nothing to even suggest it wouldn't have... if YOU had it inspected during the one month and/or 1000 miles. You didn't.... and now you have a junk car. Your choice to pay to have it fixed... or sell it for junk. Either way, you get to still pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">