• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter from atty considered also from client?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vkbarefoot

What is the name of your state? CA

Is a letter written to the in pro per plaintiff from the defendant's lawyer considered a letter from the attorney or from his client? Or both?

Can the letter be used for evidence as though the statements came from the client?

BL

What is the name of your state? CA

Is a letter written to the in pro per plaintiff from the defendant's lawyer considered a letter from the attorney or from his client? Or both?

Can the letter be used for evidence as though the statements came from the client?

Ok , when a Client hires/retains a Lawyer to represent them , that's exactly what the Attorney does . Represent and speak , write , communicate , everything FOR the client .

The Pro Se litigant communicates to the clients Attorney .

vkbarefoot

Thank you .... Thisis about responses to interrogatories. I asked for a statement made in a letter signed by their attorney to be answered. It said something like "pleasesay what you mean when you say YADA YADA YADA in a letter to me dated 01/01/01.

Their attorney refused to answer the question saying that they never sent a letter to me on that date.

I was under the impression that when the attorneys are communicating with each other they are also communicating with the clients. A letter from their attorney to my attorney is a letter from them to me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you .... Thisis about responses to interrogatories. I asked for a statement made in a letter signed by their attorney to be answered. It said something like "pleasesay what you mean when you say YADA YADA YADA in a letter to me dated 01/01/01.

Their attorney refused to answer the question saying that they never sent a letter to me on that date.

I was under the impression that when the attorneys are communicating with each other they are also communicating with the clients. A letter from their attorney to my attorney is a letter from them to me.
NOt in that regard. The client never did send you a letter. The attorney did. Your question was not comprehensible and you cannot ask a client to answer for what an attorney wrote. You can ask a client about the content in a broad way -- as in if the letter stated that visitation would be agreeable on May 5th if the client agreed to visitation on May 5th. But you cannot ask the client if the client can repeat what was in the letter sent to you regarding May 5th visitation when the CLIENT didn't send a letter.

BL

First you indicate Pro Se , then indicate communication between both your Attorneys .

If the Attorneys are communicating , you may have been sent a copy as a courtesy for your records and to review . The contents you would discuss with YOUR Attorney .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">