• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does a misd marijuana charge stay on your record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowkee

I was arrested 5 years ago in CT and released on a misdemeanor drug charge (<1oz of marijuana) in which a guy at my house had. We were both arrested and I was told I was free to go after a bail amount. Ends up I was charged with the posession anyway, so now I have this charge as guilty on my record, since I never showed up for a court date I didn't know I had. I suppose since I paid a fine I should have known, but then again, it's not as though getting arrested is something you are taught about. The police even told me the guy I was with admitted the pot was his!

So my question is..

A: How do I get this off my record, since the guy obviously admitted it was his pot and I was arrested until they found this out?

or..

B: Does this get expunged after a certain amount of time, as I have just lost a very nice job at a bank because of this (sole) entry on my record.

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">