• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brothers drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PixiMoon

I just got a call that my kid brother was arrested last Friday night in Kentucky. None of my family have ever been on the wrong side of the law before so if someone could please explain what this means exactly?
The police told me when I called them that he & his wife are being charged with Trafficing an illegal substance 2nd & 1st.

Now we know that he has always believed "pot" should be legal but Trafficing? Isn't that an international drug runner term? How would it be used for someone that has not left his home state? Is it the same as selling? what does 2nd & 1st mean?
Could this charge be for Marjuana?

Is this a prison term for him even though he has no record before this? I haven't had a chance to ask him if he did it....

Sorry I'm so clueless but google didn't help me understand what my brother is facing.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

what agency arrested him? It sounds like Kentucky turned his case over to Federal Authorities such as the DEA.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW:

your brother and his wife are facing Class C and D felony counts with mandatory prison time.

Last edited:

PixiMoon

Agency unknown

He is in Jessamine County & in Jessamine County Jail. That is all we know.

Thanks for the reply, does the county help any?

BelizeBreeze

He is in Jessamine County & in Jessamine County Jail. That is all we know.

Thanks for the reply, does the county help any?
If he can't afford an attorney, since they are facing felony charges, he'll be appointed one. Other than that, you may be able to get some information regarding where he is and visitation but more than that the prosecutor is not obligated to tell you.

It's reality check time here. This is not a charge for a few joynts or even a week's worth of stash. This is a heavy supply charge. And unless he has a very good attorney or there were mistakes made, he is going to face some time. Be it on the county level or state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">