• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic school for previously settled cases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello all I have a quick question which is probably pretty silly.

About a year ago I plead guilty to a cvc 22450(a) (failure to stop at a stop sign). I was offered traffic school at the time, but since my drivers license was suspended that same day I was not eligible for traffic school. Now that I am able to get my drivers license is it possible to take traffic school for that incident in the past? Wow this quite a lame question but it should be answered shortly and quickly. thanks.

Sorry I did not specify that I plead guilty. The judge dropped fees/ fines if i plead guilty. That was the trade off since he orgionally offered me traffic school.

fairisfair

If your question is can you get a refund of the fine, and points removed. the answer is no.

if your question is can you go to traffic school. the answer is yes. Anyone can pay for and go to the school.

CdwJava

If the matter has already been resolved, you cannot go back and retroactively take traffic school now.

If it's done, it is done.

- Carl

The Occultist

Some insurance companies will discount your premium if you show them you took a driving course (I'm not saying they remove the points, because the points stay, but they may offer a driving course discount). You should call them and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">