• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What A Doozy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brigit

Ladies and gents, how I have missed everyone so...let me tell you the details on why I need advice (motherly and otherwise). Since I have last been here, my marriage to my husband of 10 years fell through. He had an affair with the neighbor and I told him to leave. We went to court for child support and custody--that was already addressed. I have filed for divorce, hopefully that will be quick and easy (!). My dilema is this--my kids came home after spending winter break with their father to tell me that he had smacked them in the face with a hairbrush for throwing toys. I called him at work the following day and asked him about it. After telling him that if I found out it happened again, I would take serious action, he said he just had it in his hand and it was the only thing he could use (!). I was steaming at this point when he then stated that if any one of my boyfriends (I am dating a wonderful man) came near him or his work, he'd kill us both. I have been unsure how to handle this as I never thought I'd have to...I know that my housing situation is debateble (My kids and I lost our home and are staying with some very generous friends until I can save up for an apartment). I don't want the state to take my babies because of this but I don't want my ex to do this again to them...please, any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">