• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning right from the main road

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imatech

What is the name of your state? New York
is there a difference in a sign that says no right from main road and the arrow makes a right turn with a line through it. the other sign says no right from main road and the arrow makes a right turn but also points toward the service lane(alos with a line through it)? in the fist instance can you go from the main road to the service lane on that intersection?:confused:

LSCAP

Right turns in NY

A very confused sounding post.:confused:

In either case you can not make a right turn. From either road.
Is there an island between the main and service roads? It sounds like Queens or Brooklyn.

The roads like that that I've seen in NY, will usually allow a right turn ( no sign saying not to) when the service road has a stop sign to stop the traffic in the service road to let you through.

If I understand you, both the main and service have no right turn signs. You can not make a right turn. Turning from the main road to the service road would be a right turn.

Again, the roads I have seen, usually allow you to make the right turn from the main road at non-intersections. ( with a stop sign for the service road. Normally between light controlled interesections

A restricting sign for the service road suggests a one way street against you or a hazardous condition, like a church or school.

imatech

yes its in brooklyn, there is an island between the main road and the service lane. i have seen 2 different signs on the main road. one shows a sign with an arrow curving (pointing) right and says no right from main road.
the other sign also says no right from the main road but the picture is different. the arrow points to the right and there is a second arrow coming off the curve pointing straight up.

so it would be my sons understanding that the sign with one arrow you can not turn right onto another road but you can turn right and a quick left unto the service road.and the two arrowed sign you can not even go into the service lane.

i think they are both saying the same thing. you can not go right; not intothe service lane and not onto another road.

i hope i was clearer this time. please resolve this issue for us.

LSCAP

turning in Brooklyn

Its been a few years.
And that is a confusing area.

The sign on the main road showing an arrow curving right with a line through it is at an intersection where there is cross traffic. You can not turn right nor quick right and left, as the service road is using the same traffic light as the main road.
Vehicles on the service road can turn right, on a green light.

The sign on the main road showing an arrow curving right, then up with a line through it is at a break in the island, but not at an intersection and no traffic light. You can not make a quick right and left, as the service road also does not have a traffic light nor a stop sign.

You can make a quick right and left where there are no signs, then you will be able to make the right turn from the service road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">