• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handicapped parking or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

belinda

my husband just received a ticket for parking in a handicapped spot. it is a 250 dollar ticket and has a trial set at court. will we have to pay court costs? it happened when he was at work. he works for a shipping company that has many employees. the parking lot was full so he ended up parking in what was marked a handicapped spot. the only thing is they don't use that set of doors any more. so he was actually parked as far away from the entrance as possible. can the parking spot still be considered handicapped though it is so far away from a acessable entrance. the security guards are willing to sign statements saying it is not a acessible entrance. we thought of video taping where the car was parked compared to the entrance. will these help? what can we do? he feels as though the court will make a example of him though he did nothing wrong. I would also like to mention they ticketed another employees car for the same thing that night. Thanks! we live in ohio.

HomeGuru

The stall was a marked handicap stall therefore the ticket is valid. The stall could be located a mile away from the ADA compliant front door acess, but that does not cancel the ticket. Read the ticket again.

AmanO

My question is: In Ohio (and most states) is it not LEGALLY a handicapped parking spot unless there is a clearly posted sign AND the painted logo (in blue) on the ground?
I heard (second hand) by a cop that you can park in the space if there is no sign.

Also, Is it LEGAL to do a u-turn unless it is posted you CANT or ILLEGAL to unless it is posted you CAN?

The Occultist

My question is: In Ohio (and most states) is it not LEGALLY a handicapped parking spot unless there is a clearly posted sign AND the painted logo (in blue) on the ground?
I heard (second hand) by a cop that you can park in the space if there is no sign.

Also, Is it LEGAL to do a u-turn unless it is posted you CANT or ILLEGAL to unless it is posted you CAN?
Please do not revive dead threads, and please do not hijack threads. If you have a question, please start your own thread.

Man, this is worse than your last one; over SEVEN years old!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">