• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bookkeeper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samuel1

What is the name of your state? Maine
I have not been trained properly....been here 4 months. Each day the hostility has gotten worse from my boss. She gets really angry when I ask a question...started day 2. Then she assaulted me....pushing down on my should while I was in the corner entering data....I couldn't move away. It was demanded that I listen when talked to and to look at her. I couldn't look and couldn't back up...would have rolled over her flip flops. 2 days later she told me my last day was 10/20/06....they can let me go if they find someone....however if I leave I get nothing. She will try and stop me from getting unemployment. She admitted to creating a hostile work environment. Do I have to stay until the 20th and can I collect unemployment right away. I am physically sick....it's the human resource manager that is my boss. I have told the owner and heard nothing in over a week.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Regardless of what she may have admitted, what you have described does not meet the legal definition of a hostile work environment.

No, you don't have to stay until the 20th, but it might adversely affect your unemployment claim if you do not.

beta

Agreed! This doesn't constitute a hostile work enviroment. You have a right to leave the company whenever you wish if you can't tolerate it any more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">