• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

murl

I just sold a 1980 ford pickup truck and the buyer called me back approx. 2 hours later and said the engine was about to fail (low oil pressure) and wants me to pay for any repairs that the truck needs. There was no warranty written or verbal and I have driven the truck with no problems for the past 3 months. Do they have a claim? Am I responsible? I am confident that the engine is fine and I do not think I am responsible for any repairs. They could have driven the truck in first gear all the way home for all I know! I forwarded all service records to the buyer that the previous owner gave me. I need an answer fast!! This has never happened to me before and it sounds a bit fishy.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

1980 truck, sold as is with service records --- it is fishy and I would make sure to sit tight and wait and see what this person does. See, what does he expect -- a ferrari?

Relax and know you didn't do anything wrong. As to specific law to back you up, you didn't mention your state, so I can't give you specific consumer protection laws, private motor vehicle sale laws, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">