• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harrassment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cali_member06

I live in California and a man I recently worked with was sexually harrassing both co-workers and customers. He was fired, but still uses the facility here and persists in harrassing customers. Since he was fired for sexual harrassment, does California law say that he can be prohibited from using this facility or does he still have the right to be here, since he is now a paying customer?

Feel free to email me at [email protected] or IM me by by Yahoo! instant messenger id: cowgrlup06.

~Brittney

Some Random Guy

What is this facility? Is it a public accomodation or government facility (library, courthouse, etc)? Are we talking hotel, gym, restaurant, etc?

Have you reported his continued presence to the management who fired him?

does California law say that he can be prohibited from using this facility or does he still have the right to be here, since he is now a paying customer?
Generally, the law will not tell you who you can ban based on their behavior. It will tell you reasons that you cannot ban them.

Edit: I asked if you have reported this to management. This is because, given his history of harassing customers, management should have clearly told him he is no longer welcome on the property at the time of his dismissal.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">