• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with possesion of marijuana and paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TjKNC8506

What is the name of your state? NC
I would like to know if i need to hire a lawyer or not. im 21 years old. Both charges are misdemeanors.
I was sitting in a parked car with a friend of mine and a police officer came up and searched my car and found 2 pipes (one wasent mine) and a bag with a tiny bit of marijuana in it. both of us were charged, but the officer was nice and didnt take me or her to jail. All he did was give us a ticket and told us to show up to court and it most likely will get dismissed or we might have to pay a fine. do i need to hire an attorney?
I'm a good person, ive never been in trouble with the law before exept for a speeding ticket, so is this gonna go on my permanent record and make it hard for me to get a good job down the road? thanks

Last edited:

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? NC
I would like to know if i need to hire a lawyer or not. im 21 years old. Both charges are misdemeanors.okay
I was sitting in a parked car with a friend of mine and a police officer came up and searched my car and found 2 pipes (one wasent mine) and a bag with a tiny bit of marijuana in it. both of us were charged, but the officer was nice and didnt take me or her to jail. All he did was give us a ticket and told us to show up to court and it most likely will get dismissed or we might have to pay a fine. do i need to hire an attorney? you should always have representation whenever possible
I'm a good person, ive never been in trouble with the law before exept for a speeding ticket, so is this gonna go on my permanent record yes, if you are convictedand make it hard for me to get a good job down the road? quite possiblythanks
You are an adult, any convictions, will remain on your permanent record unless the court later expunges or sets them aside, yes a drug conviction (however minor it may seem) may well affect your future employment. Some employers only consider felony convictions, others consider any and all convictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">