• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNAUTHROIZED CHARGES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROXYROXY

A INTERNET ADVERTISING COMPANY CHARGED MY BUSINESS PHONE BILL WITH UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. I CONTACTED THEM SIX MONTHS AGO AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT REIMBURSED ME? WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANKS.

[Edited by ROXYROXY on 01-05-2001 at 09:56 AM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

First thing, try not to mention names of companies or people here.

As to your situation, ddi you just call one time and think it is fixed? You need to keep calling and checking and checking and checking.

Try this for one more week. Tell them what they did by not crediting you amounts to fraud/deceptive billing practices.

If they still do not fix it, go to your local better business bureau and file with them.

http://www.bbb.com

JETX

In addition to LawRat's response....

Have you just called them??? If you really expect a response, you need to write them a letter detailing your complaints and what you expect them to do. Send it certified RRR. Give them a reasonable (5 working days after receipt) to respond. If they don't, then you can consider alternatives (public posting on the internet, file with their local BBB, letter to their local Attorney General). Heck, I have even contacted the local media (paper and television) to see if a local 'consumer reporter' is interested. Managed to get a local arrest warrant issued from that one!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">