• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alabama Question: Does Ticketing=Being Charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NicoleBauer

I am currently applying to law school. It is fairly standard for most applications to ask "Have you been charged with or convicted of any violation of a law either as an adult or juvenile?", generally preceded by stern language regarding the required nature of the disclosure, whether or not it was annulled, sealed, cancelled, or expunged, et cetera. Most applications tell you to exclude traffic offenses that don't involve drugs or alcohol, however, one particular application asks to include traffic offenses, but not parking violations.
I received a speeding ticket over 3 years ago, however, I was never in court for it, and I attended traffic school and had it dismissed, and it doesn't appear on my driving record. Does being ticketed equal being charged with the crime of speeding, or are you not charged until you appear in court for it?

Some Random Guy

Methinks he's going in to the correct profession. He's already trying to twist the wording of the question so that he can give a minimally factually correct answer while convincing the other party of exactly the opposite. Definitely a lawyer in the making.

Do you really think a single dismissed ticket 3 years ago will hurt your chances of getting in? List it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">