• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"2000 Car of The Year", Yeah Right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melflint

"2000 Car of the Year" Yeah Right

My friend bought a Ford Focus in April of 2000 in Alexandria, VA. Since then, his car has been back at the dealer 7 times that I know of. 2 times for the engine stopping while driving, 1 time for oil leaking, 1 time for the breaks, 1 recall on the engine for it "stopping while driving', 1 other time that I don't recall what was wrong. The latest time, which is today, it is at the dealer because last night the steering wheel locked up on him, causing him to crash into a curb. The tire turned 90 degrees, the A-frame and axle broke in two. The tow truck driver said he never saw an A-frame break like that. (I have pictures of the car if you need further explination.) The car was under recall for the A-frame. He took it to the dealer a week before to get it fixed and they said they were too busy. The dealer now wants to "make a deal" with him on a Ford Explorer, meaning they are not going to buy the focus back, but sell him an Explorer at regular price. The lemon law of VA says that a dealer needs 3 times to fix a car right. In consideration of all the above mentioned, should he take the Explorer, or would he be better off talking to a lawyer to see if he can get his money back on the car? Thank you in advance. Update: the Dealer now wants to have nothing to do with him. They will not take the car back in on a trade in without him paying at least 3000 down. They are refusing to cooperate with him and will not even give him a rental car until his car is fixed.

[Edited by melflint on 01-03-2001 at 11:35 AM]

L

lawrat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">