• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with marijuana possession and paraphenelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scaredperson21

I live in Virginia. A friend of mine was recently charged with possession and had his paraphenelia confiscated. I touched the glass piece two nights ago, and he was then busted. After I used it, about six other people used it, and it was never wiped as far as I know. Does anyone know if police officers fingerprint pieces and then follow up on charges from those found? I'm not on the record, it was a local cop, and everyone says I'm overreacting. Everyone holds the piece at the same spot, and I hear they don't fingerprint them. Even if they did, I'm sure there's about twenty other prints on top. Is there anyway they can link me to the confiscated material? Do they even fingerprint contraband when the person already admits ownership? Thank you, everyone says I'm overanalyzing this way too much.

The Occultist

Ownership was never called into question. POSSESSION is what is illegal, and it is not the same as ownership. Since you were not actually caught in possession of anything (I'm assuming that's the case from what you've posted anyways), they will not bring charges against you.

scaredperson21

Thank you very much. No, I wasn't there, I was at a concert. Evidently there is no law against being high at one point in the last two weeks. I figure even if they did decide to bring me in, I have nothing, and can they technically drug test me? I doubt it, but anything eases my mind.

Plus, like you said, it's only possession that gets you a charge, not the fact that your fingerprints were on a used item.

The Occultist

Precisely. They could ask you to do a test, but without a warrant from them (which will not happen) you don't have to comply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">