• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return to work on a limited basis or file with the company LDT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluesguy

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My husband had his foot amputated below the knee after a motorcycle accident. He has been off work for 8 weeks and his doctor released him to return to work with a modified work load as an insurance auditor. His immediate supervisor is ready for him to return to work but the Benefits-HR person at their company is insisting that he does not return yet. She wants him to stay off work and apply for the company long term disability that kicks in after he is off for 90 days. At one point she told me my husband should file for the company LTD becasue she was concerned he might injure himself if he returned to work to soon. Now she is saying my husband might get more money paid toward his prothesis if he files for LTD. My husband feels he is ready to return to work on a limited basis, but he is not certain what he should do based on what the HR person is saying. We would like to think she is looking out for his welfare, but we are not certain.What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whatever her reasons, she is within her rights; she does not have to allow him to return to work on restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">