• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping construction loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Claudia

Florida****************************...I own a lot and was planning to build a house on it. We signed a contract with builder and took out a construction loan which closed in May. They have taken a $20,000 draw to date but have not done anything to land. We are running into financial trouble and are thinking on waiting longer to build. Is it too late to stop the construction and loan? What can happen to the money I put down? ( $5,000 deposit to builder and and like $14,000 down on the construction loan at closing) Can I stop everything before it starts?:confused:What is the name of your state?

danno6925

dee dee deeeeeee

Good God, man. Do you not understand the contracts you've already signed???

Get yourself declared legally incompetant (stupid) and you can waltz away from your error in judgement. Otherwise, turn and face the music.

nextwife

How did the builder draw $20,000 on YOUR construction loan, if you did not sign the Owner's Authgorization for that draw? Normally, the draws are funded after the drawn items or "onsite andf installed" and the title company/bank has recieved an itemized draw request, inspected to verify installations per draw, and collected the lien waivers from the subs and material providers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">