• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reimbursement from city re seweage overflow property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helga714

The city's seweage system backed up and this caused over 1,000 gallons of raw seweage to spill into my sub-structure.
The city contends that an existing break in my sewer line allowed the backed up to spill over. I contend that there was no problem with my sewer line until the backup occurred with it's accomanying weight and volume of sluge which then caused my sewer line to rupture.
I had to have this raw seweage removed and blowers installed at a cost of $6,500 - for which I have already paid. (This was an emergency situation and had to be cleaned up immediately) I would like to be reimbursed for this amount.
The city has given me a claims form, but has not shown any willingness to agree as to their responsibility. I would like to know what recourse I have in case the city denies liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">