• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

goverment jobs and fingerprinting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ConcernedSandy

I was falsely accused and arrested and fingerprinted in So.Calif. years ago. When I told my side of the story to police, I was released - lack of evidence, I was told. Now I applied for a goverment job and was sent a request to contact the FBI because my name match up with a fingerprint
file. I didn't reply because it was too late to get the job. Now I'm looking for a job again and though I'm not necessarily looking for a goverment job, I would be extremely embarraced if my fingerprint file caused me to miss out on another job opportunity. How do I resolve the issue of my fingerprints being on FBI files? I know that there are lots of people who have had their fingerprints taken and still go on to have good jobs. Can I petition to have my fingerprints removed from file?

Concerned Sandy

HomeGuru

I suggest you contact the FBI directly.

The FBI has my fingerprints too, except I was never arrested.

P

psdvb

You can probably contact the Assistant Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation Indentification Division, Washington, DC 20537-9700 as is set forth in 28 CFR 16.30 through 16.34. Just look up the Code of Federal Regulations on the internet and look in Title 28, part 16.

The FBI has my fingerprints too, although I've never been arrested, but they are a part of my employment position.

C

ConcernedSandy

Thank you for the quick response and I will take your advice first thing in the morning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">