• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in Fairfax, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

recklessinv

I was issued a citation for 83 in a 55 zone. No real excuse, it was 66, 4 lanes, i thought it was 65, was going 75 and then did faster to pass a car. My own fault.

I have no points on my record. I had a reckless driving charge over 11 years prior for incorrect lane change.

What should I do?

Hire a lawyer?

Get a copy of my record from DMV and just show up?

How much will an attorney cost?

timetoslowdown

Fairfax is pretty harsh on reckless driving.

I got 85/50 in a work zone last year. Lawyer cost me $1000, and my fine was $350. It's on my record now, but at least I kept my license.

Without the lawyer, I would have had a $300 fine and a 6-month suspension.

Get your speedometer tested ($50) and take an online driver improvement course ($50) to lessen the impact, and a lawyer will REALLY help.

I vowed to never go over 80, and never go 20 over the limit again, and I succeeded for a year - I just got a 22 over tkt (reckless) outside Lexington, Va while trying to find a hotel...

I'm such an idiot.

recklessinv

Did the lawyer try to plea bargain?

What happened? why couldn't you get a lesser charge?

what did the lawyer say.

timetoslowdown

What happened? why couldn't you get a lesser charge?

what did the lawyer say.

Yes, he plea bargained, but I was too far over the limit and in a work zone. They would NOT lessen the charge and they WANTED to suspend my license for 6 months.

they dropped the suspension. that's all they would do.

35 over in a work zone. don't ever do that.

the lawyer said, play it safe for a few years and you'll be fine. I'm still paying off the damn credit card.

EDIT: I have Reckless Conviction on my record, but I guess my insurance hasn;t checked it yet, I've renewed policy twice with no increase. That's all gonna change in 3 weeks tho.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">