• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Unsafe Driving" NJ resident ticket in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mephisto4

Hello need a little help in a ticket I received in NYC. I am a resident in NJ and got a ticket in NY officer wrote unsafe lane change my question is I already used up my 3 plea bargains in NJ, I know you are allowed 3 in a 5 year period. If I fight this NY ticket and get the points removed will the state of NJ put them on my driving record?? Thank You.

mephisto4

The ticket I received in NYC is a 2 pointer anyway. I wanted to know if I plea in NYC and they remove the points will NJ put them back on because I already used up the 3 "Unsafe Driving" charges allowed in NJ in a five year period. ("unsafe driving charge is a plea charge to get the points removed)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">