• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law Question NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gski02

What is the name of your state? New york
Sirs:
My wife had to have her odometer replaced on her 03 tiberon last year. Car was under warranty and had just turned 10000 miles on it. The 1 was missing and the numbers were fading in and out. Dealer replaced it and after another trip for another problem put the yellow sticker on the door saying it's been replaced. Now when just went to trade it in for a new car dealers are telling us it's a TMU car and the value is only $4000, not $10300 like the book says. According to NY Lemon law, we had a repair that was done to the vehicle that "severely impacted the value of the vehicle". Is this a correct assumption on my part? Please let me know so I can go back to the dealer with some better knowledge.

Thanks!

BL

What is the name of your state? New york
Sirs:
My wife had to have her odometer replaced on her 03 tiberon last year. Car was under warranty and had just turned 10000 miles on it. The 1 was missing and the numbers were fading in and out. Dealer replaced it and after another trip for another problem put the yellow sticker on the door saying it's been replaced. Now when just went to trade it in for a new car dealers are telling us it's a TMU car and the value is only $4000, not $10300 like the book says. According to NY Lemon law, we had a repair that was done to the vehicle that "severely impacted the value of the vehicle". Is this a correct assumption on my part? Please let me know so I can go back to the dealer with some better knowledge.

Thanks!
I'm not sure , but check here
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/cars/newcarlemon.html
and you local Office of Attorney Generals' Consumer Affairs .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">