• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pyroman

On Sept. 19 2005 I drove on a permit by myself and ran a stop sign because i didnt fully stop. I got pulled over and recieved two tickets, 1 for running the stop sign and 2, violation of learners license. i was 15. I asked the cop if it'd affect when i get my license and he said it wouldn't. But, of course I got a letter in the mail saying I was on business purpose only until oct. 14 2006. I was suppose to obtain my license July 1st 2006. I went July 5th and the dmv told me I couldn't attempt at getting the license until Oct. 14th. So during that time I screwed up real bad and got pulled over again by a speed gun from a cop when I was going 39 in a 30 speed zone. So I got 3 MORE tickets 1. violation of learners license 2. 39 in a 30 zone speeding. 3. not having my permit on me while driving. accumulating to $276.50 of tickects. I got a well advertised lawyer here in jacksonville, florida and he only got two tickets witheld. the speeding and the having the license on me tickets but couldn't get the violation of learner's license off. He sent me a letter telling me this. Though, he failed to inform me that the judge had sentenced me to 1 extra year from that court date to not drive again. When I read online that it is only suppose to be a extra 90 days for every point which would have given me 3 x 90 days for the 1 remaining ticket left but 270 days sounds better to me then 360 especially since I have a job and a Single parent and I'm a junior in highschool and now I can't drive until well into the start of my senior year. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?!?!?!?! I've got about 600 dollars of fees out of all this mess and I still can't drive! all I want is to get my license. PLease tell me if there is anything I can do.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

You've got to be kidding me! You sound like a little kid stomping their feet screaming for ice cream. You broke the law dear, and you are now paying for it.

You having a baby and only being a jr. in high school is not impressive enough for you to get your license any sooner.:rolleyes:

pyroman

well that really doesn't help. I'm just trying to explain my situation for those who know of anything I can do to obtain my license.

The Occultist

I believe she did give you information: you are stuck. If sentencing is done, then that's all there is to it. Stop being stupid.

moburkes

My question for you is: Why do you keep making stupid mistakes like this? You talk about not being able to get your license until you are a senior, but at least someone somwhere is requiring you to WAIT for something! How will you act as an adult, if this is how you act as a kid? If you could afford to pay for the attorney, then you can afford to pay for a driver!

cepe10

You've got to be kidding me! You sound like a little kid stomping their feet screaming for ice cream. You broke the law dear, and you are now paying for it.

You having a baby and only being a jr. in high school is not impressive enough for you to get your license any sooner.:rolleyes:

Is this legal advice or more of you finger wagging??? You are cluttering up the board. try the general interest boards for your non-advice rants.

moburkes

Is this legal advice or more of you finger wagging??? You are cluttering up the board. try the general interest boards for your non-advice rants.
Oh, I think its advice. Its advice not to use that excuse in front of a jodge, because it won't fly. However, feel free to add your own 2 cents of non-advice. We're used to it!

Shay-Pari'e

And this was not a rant? Please, talk to the wagging finger in the future. Bye the way, tell the child how to get her license .:rolleyes:

sukharev

My advice:

ask the court if they allow hardship license applications in such cases. Otherwise known as "restricted" license

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">