• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defemation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schaunsp

A person whom I'd never met (and for what reason I don't have a clue) wrote a letter to my employer stating that she witnessed an incident while I was at work when I did not say the appropriate thing or perform as an employee should when relating to a child in my care. I can prove that this could not have possibly happened - this child was not even in my care at the time. My employer will not give me a chance to defend myself and has put this letter in my permanent file. He has stated on 2 seperate occassions that this letter is why I have not receive 2 transfer requests that I have asked for. I have considered looking for another job, but I'm afraid that I may not be hired anywhere else because of this letter. I have worked at this business for 16 years and have always had good evaluations. I don't care so much about receiving money,but I really would like to have this letter removed from my file. Do I have any rights here? Can I sue this person in small claims court in Iowa?

J

JenniferH

This is not a small claims court issue.

We advise you to consult an attorney on this matter.

An attorney would be a better advocate for you, since these type of things are very hard to pursue in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">