• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short term disability and pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robmeca22

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
yes can you tell me if short term disability insurance covers pregnanacy?
If so where can i get information on how to get short term disability that covers pregnancy?
My emplyer does not provide short term disability can I get some insurance on my on?

weenor

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
yes can you tell me if short term disability insurance covers pregnanacy?
If so where can i get information on how to get short term disability that covers pregnancy?
My emplyer does not provide short term disability can I get some insurance on my on?

You can go through individual insurance companies (or a broker) to try to find a policy, but I have not seen one that covers pregnancy.

robmeca22

Pregancy short Term Disability

Aflac states your job has to participate. does anyone else know of any other companies they may have short term disability that covers preganancy thanks

moburkes

No, I don't. Again, the reason is because people wouldn't buy the policy until they are about to get pregnant.

Mrs3

I believe all STD and LTD's are employer based unless you own your own company.

I could be wrong. You may be able to get State disability benefits for a pregnancy leave. Check your State's website to see what type of temporary disability policy they may have.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are wrong. I used to work for a company that sold individual disability insurance.

I have no idea if they still do so or what it covers if they do, but check out Northwestern Mutual Life.

Betty

There are cos. that will issue individual short term disability policies that will include covering pregnancy. However, I believe that some/maybe all will not cover pregnancy until 10 mos. after the effective date of the policy. This is to not have to pay a claim for a current pregnancy. This is some info I know from working for an ins. co. AFLAC was on the list we had at work but apparently they don't or don't any longer per your call to them. You might contact an ins. broker & see if they can help you find a company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">