• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salvaged Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tboneprice

Florida - I was looking at a H1 Hummer and the owner stated that the title is "salvaged". He said he bought it from an insurance auction and that it really only needed minor repairs from a light roll over that he repaired. Is this "salvaged" title something that can be fixed. I have just found out that a "salvaged" title car cannot be driven on the road? If someone could please cast some light on this for me because I am clueless in this area. Basically looking at buying a used H1 Hummer in Florida with a salvaged title and I want to use it as a regular vehicle. Can this title be fixed or am I just wasting my time?What is the name of your state?

teflon_jones

He said he bought it from an insurance auction and that it really only needed minor repairs from a light roll over that he repaired.
If the salvage title is due to an accident, then the damages to the vehicle exceeded ~75% of the vehicle's market value. Doesn't sound like a "light roll over".

Is this "salvaged" title something that can be fixed.
The only way to do is via title washing (highly illegal).

I have just found out that a "salvaged" title car cannot be driven on the road?
Where are you getting this totally incorrect information from? Of course it can.

Can this title be fixed or am I just wasting my time?
If the seller is telling you that it has a salvage title because of a "light roll over", then you're wasting your time! And who was dumb enough to roll over an H1? It's 8 feet wide! If it was in fact rolled over, then it must have been one heck of an accident.

CraigFL

My opinion is that it truly could be a "light rollover" but it still could cost a lot of $$ to repair properly if it can even be. Usually salvage vehicles carry no more manufacturers warranty so you will be on your own here. A salvage title will probably follow the vehicle everywhere so any next buyer will see it on the CARFAX report and be very wary too. It would have to cost a LOT less than a regular vehicle for me to even consider it...(and probably have been driven on the road for years afterwards)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">