• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elder abuse-grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Garrett_202@msn

What is the name of your state? arkansas
I suspect that my now deceased grandmother was a victim of elder abuse. i think she was given overdoses of cough medicine (narcotic) that gave her symptoms of dementia. My dads girlfriend did this, and she was the one who talked to her primary care doctor every time she went. My grandma was scared of her. It happened twice in 2 years, and finally that last time it happened, she did not get right again. She went into the dementia ward at the hospital and was eating. She come home about 7 days later on hospice and they never feed her anything again but ensure. I found out that there was about 18,000 dollars worth of charges on her credit card that my dads girlfriend put on there. I called the credit card company after her death and reported this twice. Who can I talk to, to hear my story and see if I have a case? Please let me know who to call, there is much to this story, and I am sorry i did not do anything while she was alive to protect her more....but I cant live with knowing what i know and not standing up for her. Thank You

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? arkansas
I suspect that my now deceased grandmother was a victim of elder abuse. i think she was given overdoses of cough medicine (narcotic) that gave her symptoms of dementia. My dads girlfriend did this, and she was the one who talked to her primary care doctor every time she went. My grandma was scared of her. It happened twice in 2 years, and finally that last time it happened, she did not get right again. She went into the dementia ward at the hospital and was eating. She come home about 7 days later on hospice and they never feed her anything again but ensure. I found out that there was about 18,000 dollars worth of charges on her credit card that my dads girlfriend put on there. I called the credit card company after her death and reported this twice. Who can I talk to, to hear my story and see if I have a case? Please let me know who to call, there is much to this story, and I am sorry i did not do anything while she was alive to protect her more....but I cant live with knowing what i know and not standing up for her. Thank You
I'm sorry, but you cannot report elder abuse for a deceased person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">