• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No License, No Insurance, No registration..And**************..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Huckleberry

It all took place one fine Sunday evening before dusk in California. I was driving along minding my own business when all of a sudden an animal darted out in front of me, my natural instinct was to swirve to avoid hitting it. The next thing I know I had lost control of my truck, then SLAM! I had sideswiped a residental block wall, and landed in a roadside drainage ditch. My truck had flipped sideways, which had put the passanger's side fully horizontal with the ditch, I finally came to a stop when I smashed head on into a telephone pole.

When my unplanned, un-choreographed amatuer stunt demo. went down I did not have a valid CA. drivers license,(which was suspended at the time) no insurance, or current registration. This was not my first time driving a car with no current insurance.

What a ride. Now mind you this took place three months ago, I was given a court date via U.S. postal service. When I showed up to court last Friday, I was not on the docket. I was sent to every department pertaining to my court case. I was finally sent to the local District Attorney's office to see if they had any information on my case. I wanted to have proof that I had showen up at court on the date specified on my letter that I had recieved prior to this date. In fact I wanted to double and triple verify that my presense was true. After receiving a new court date by the District Attorney's office, the Dirstrict Attorney's office had stamped a piece of paper verify and giving me proof of my attendance.

By the way I had also learned that day that I had a prior charge of Failture to appear on a past charge for driving a vehicle with no insurance.

How long do they have to press charges? What kind of punishment am I looking at? I don't want to get bit in the behind ten months from now and find myself in silver bracelets. What to do? What to do?

thanks, Huckleberry

The Occultist

They have already begun pressing charges or else you would not have had any court dates scheduled, so statute of limitations no longer applies to you. A right to a speedy trial might apply, but you must actively exercise that right if you wish to pursue that route.

Carl should be around soon enough since this is his turf; he is a bit more knowledgeable.

Why on earth are you driving with no insurance and a suspended license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">