• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renovating...tenant abandons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pat31b

:confused What is the name of your state? Ca

I am adding a room inside a permited garage. Although the garage is permitted the walls which will surround the room are not. I have given verbal notice to the tenants that I will be adding this room in the garage. The garage doesnt have a door into the house. The lease says that no more than 4 people shall occupy the house. I am also living in one of the rooms in a 4 bedroom house. I have been told by another tenant that one of the tenants is going to abandon me without giving notice. She hasnt told me of her disruption with this addition or given any notices. In court the unpermited room may be forced to come down but can the tenants abandon the contract based on this addition?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">